Can Feminists Wear Lipgloss?

I'm your average teenage girl, who gets withdrawl symptons from her lipgloss, but wants to be a feminist.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Start Changing Things NOW!

This isn't a proper post, as I won't be debating anything with myself. Instead, what I'm doing is a...

CAMPAIGN!!!!!
OK, so a while ago I wrote a letter to Teen Vogue to start making their models more real. Then I thought...why don't YOU?!?!?! So, I want every single person who reads this blog to go to your room, find every glossy magazine you read, find the address to send emails/letters to and GO DO IT!

Tips:
  • Don't make it too long.
  • Stress your points. Say that you want them to stop showing airbrushed, aneroxic made-up girls and start showing real girls.
  • Make the point that YOU are their target audience, so they'd better take notice!

Oh, and mention you're part of a campaign on this blog, dontcha? The aim is to get just 100 letters out there. Think how little that is! If one person can make a difference, how about a 100?

Once you've done that, send me a email telling me what points you made. Come on---one little email can be part of something big.

2 Wore Lipgloss:

Wore Lipgloss Blogger abovo99 said...

Good job! I don't even read the teen Vogue coz they are so fake. You are right. Magazines should respect their readers by showing reality. Anyway, I love your idea. I can do that. Right on!

Wore Lipgloss5:40 PM  
Wore Lipgloss Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I just wanted to say this is amazing what you're doing. I am totally going to write a letter (make that a couple ;D ) Anyway, I couldn't find your e-mail, but I hope you make a difference. Try going to the newspapers and media to use it as a benefit, then you might have more success ! good luck, (yn)
sarahhh
xx

Wore Lipgloss2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home