Can Feminists Wear Lipgloss?

I'm your average teenage girl, who gets withdrawl symptons from her lipgloss, but wants to be a feminist.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Oh yeah, go me...

One of my favourite bloggers out there, Audrey Brashich who writes an awesome blog about feminism, posted this comment up, which I am SOOO thrilled about!
Hey all... Miss Money, I've been meaning to post here and tell you that I admire you for writing this blog, and tackling these questions (about femininism etc) at a young age. Talk about a Real Role Model!Since I'm a "feminist author," people luuuuv to try to trip me up by asking me to define femininism or say what feminism means today. And my response it usually that it's really simple...and then entirely NOT that simple.On the one hand, feminism is about equality and respect. Full stop. (that's the simple part). But how that plays out in everyone's lives is so different.I mean, if you're a well-educated, lucky, comfortable person, your feminisim MIGHT play out in cultural discussions about lipstick etc. And those are IMPORTANT discussions. But maybe you're someone who works 3 jobs to makes ends meet and has kids and an abusive husband... and you finally decide to just leave the jerk and try to create a safe, positive environment for your kids etc. THAT can be a feminist action too.So, can feminists wear lipgloss? You betcha. And they can do lots of other things too.....--Audrey (allmadeup.net)
Hear that? I'm a real role model!!!

0 Wore Lipgloss:

Post a Comment

<< Home