Can Feminists Wear Lipgloss?

I'm your average teenage girl, who gets withdrawl symptons from her lipgloss, but wants to be a feminist.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Back to ranting instead of rejoycing...

I'm amazed at myself. I just realised I don't know how to spell rejoyce with the "ing" on it. But never mind that...
So, I read this piece, left a comment, and then Audrey---wait, I'll just post the comment convo:

Fact: I am a teenage girl.
Fact: I sometimes have low self-esteem.
Fact: It's hard to find clothes that fit you if you're not a model.
Fact: I have gorgeous friends who complain about how fat they are.
Fact: Girls in my school (who are perfectly fine) go to dieting classes.
Fact: You say the media has nothing to do with this?
Posted by: Feminism & Lipgloss September 29, 2006 at 11:51 AM
Would LOVE to hear more, in your own words, about HOW you think the media and hype have contributed to your own on/off low self esteem, or what the girls in your classes say.
I mean, do you hear people actually comparing themselves to media images? Or do you think it's more of a subconscious thing?
I think it's really valuable that other readers of this blog hear from young women in their own voices about these effects and how they're dealing with them. So if you've got 5 minutes Feminism and Lipgloss.... rant on!
Posted by: Audrey October 02, 2006 at 02:24 PM
Which gave me the idea of doing a post on how feminism/self-esteem is at my school. I don't want to make this post too long, so I'll post it seperately.

0 Wore Lipgloss:

Post a Comment

<< Home